Witnessing the Gospel of Hacky Sack on Mizzou’s new Traditions Plaza, for the first time EVAR!!1!
I like it! I was worried the bricks might feel uneven, but… nah. It’s protected from the wind. The stage is huge, lots of room up there, and the whole bottom level is nice too. I had fun with the video, and had a great time kicking there!
In other news, I’ve been going hard in the Homie Hole. 5 straight days kicking to start; almost certainly my longest daily streak since attending the 1999 World Footbag Championships in Chicago. Here’s the scoreboard:
- 16th – (prev. post) – Resurrection of the Homie Hole, 118 toes
- 17th – 30min – Homie Hole 02, (nothing special)
- 18th – 30min – (no vid) 13×2-add, 13x 3-add, 99 toes
- 19th – 30min – Hacky Sclerosis, 8×2-add, 8×3-add, no toes
- 20th – 30min – (no vid) 15×2, 15×3, 104 toes
- 22nd – 1:20 – Gospel of Hacky Sack on Traditions Plaza(above)
- 24th – 30min – (no vid) 13×2-add, 12×3-add, 67 toes
- 25th – 30min – (no vid) 13×2-add, 13×3-add, 116 toes
4:20 total new + 58:55 prev. = 63:15! Only 11:45 to go, 24 more days in the hole, out of 34 more days left in the year. Kicking for 30 minutes 3 out of 4 days wins.
Plus, there might be another outdoor chance this weekend. Wish me luck!
One more note about the “Hacky Sclerosis” thing: Yes the Hactionary is real. So is the condition. I have found myself with a very bad case of this on the left side, in conjunction with my recovering ankle. I tend to ball up my fist and wrist in conjunction with doing inside kicks and stalls, especially cross-body stalls with that ankle. I’m having to work really hard to relax my left hand and wrist while I’m kicking.
Thanks for tuning in!