Another year, Gone! As usual, I reconcile my goals for the year against final outcomes, and set new goals. This year? No different.
buy modafinil 2017 Goals
http://tarotspirit.net/blog 1. Ride my bicycle at least 8,888 Km
http://firstname.lastname@example.org Outcome: 10,727 Kilometers HECK YEAH! I crushed my original goal on 11/7, moved the goalposts out to an even 10,000 Km, crushed that goal on 12/7, moved the goalposts again to any 10,x01 number, rolled past 10,701 this morning, landed on 10,727 Km final for the year. Note, that’s 6,666 Miles.
2. Play at least 150 hours of Footbag (Hacky Sack)
Outcome: 141 hours. It’s amazing I even got that close. I was only at 56 hours at mid-year, but… crushed it in the fall to nearly catch up. I was doing 2-3 hour sessions on Thursdays or Fridays, then another 2-3 hour session for Mizzou Game Day Saturdays.
3. Improve Diet
Outcome: Um… not so much. I did stop drinking coffee, which is definitely a good thing, but otherwise haven’t changed my diet all that much.
Outcome: I probably bombed at this. I’ve generally been less hostile and angry at real people I deal with, but I’ve been a flaming asshole to people on the internet, especially Twitter.
5. Be part of #TheResistance
Outcome: Difficult to Gage. I amplify Resistance tweets on Twitter, with some 20,000+ tweets & retweets this year. I’ve called my Members of Congress dozens of times. I’ve written my MoC’s. I’ve tweeted at my MoC’s. I’ve donated to progressive & democratic candidates. I’ve marched in the streets. I don’t know that I’ve done much, or been particularly effective, but I’ve sure done more than nothing.
6. Install a solar PVC system at my house
Outcome: Project Complete! It took me almost 7 full months from inception to completion, but I did it! I now have a 7.8 Kw solar PVC system operating at my house. It roughly covers all our household electric usage. It’s one more important accomplishment to reduce fossil fuel and nuclear energy use.
1. 8,000 Km on the bike. I’ll probably ride a bit more than that, but after my stellar 10,000 Km+ year this year, I’m actually planning to ease up on the riding just a bit. Still gonna ride every day that I can, but probably focus more on purpose-driven riding, less on riding to fill quota.
2. 150 Hours of Footbag. I fell just a bit short this year, mostly due to investing so much time and effort getting my solar system built and running in the first half of the year. This year, I won’t have that project, and should be able to kick a bit more in the first half of the year, plus do as much kicking next fall during Mizzou Football season as I did last year.
3. Continue resisting the trump cabal. At this point, a year later, there’s so much damning evidence of conspiracy to commit espionage with an enemy of the state, obstruction of justice, and lying to government officials to cover up same conspiracy, that it’s quite frankly insane trump is still in office. I’m stunned at the complicity of the entire GOP party; it turns out they’re all in on it, the entire Republican party has been taking laundered Russian mob money, and are being blackmailed by Kompromat held by Russia. This insanity has got to stop! I vow to contact my MoC’s even more, donate even more, and take to the streets if things get worse. I will die fighting, before I let what democracy we’ve had in America die. America is founded on the Rule of Law.
4. Get a new job. I’ve been working on this one for a long time, but face age discrimination and skillset mismatch. I’m planning to get ITIL certification this year, and work towards becoming a ServiceNow or similar ITSM system developer. Or just about any database or networking job. Just not AV anymore. I’m tired of AV, tired of my current work situation. I need a change, I need something new. I’m gonna go find it, and slay it.
5. Do another 100+ mile day on my bicycle. Last year for the annual BikeMO ride, I literally cycled from my house to the start of the ride in Rocheport, rode the 65 mile route, and then rode back home. A total of 103 miles for the day! I’d like to keep riding at least one Century ride a year, plan to do the same thing for BikeMO this year.
6. Oh, and maybe post a little more often here on my blog. It’s been almost a year since last post. Once a month at least, maybe?
That’s about it. An accounting of last year’s goals, and setting of new goals for this year. When all is said and done, I’m very pleased with 2017, except for the phenomenon of trump. Here’s to hoping 2018 will take care of that stain on our country, too!
Good luck, good skill, good Resistance, and Best Wishes for a great 2018!