Sure, it’s a bit late for this, but I’m finally reconciling last year’s goals with the final reality, and setting a few new goals for this year. Last year’s goals:
1. 75 hours of Footbag. Final tally for 2013: 81 hours. Whew, I barely made that, but… I did!
2. 3,000 Km on the bike
. Final mileage for 2013: 5,050 Km
. A great year on the bike, tinged with sadness that my old Fuji Roubaix, the bike I’ve ridden for the last 24 years, finally died. I loved that bike, and it loved me
3. Bring my ReflectingYou.com business online
. Nope, sorry, fail
. It was a little more than I could chew. Maybe this year, but I’ve lost all my template artwork somewhere along the line. I need to re-create that, then contract with PhilsCNCCreations
to cut my plates for me.
4. Go on a rip-snorting canoe trip for my 50th birthday. Unfortunately, this was a fail. Too many other obs, too little time and traction. This sucks, I’m really bummed it didn’t happen, and it probably maybe won’t ever happen for a long, long time.
5. Take a picture every day on Flat Branch Creek
. This, people, my Picture a Day Project
, is my crowning achievement of 2013. I stuck to my commitment, taking pictures at 3 different locations on the creek every day. I published one every day from the start, then started publishing a 2nd in the spring. I held the 3rd site in reserve. In the end, I created three data-rich time lapses of a year in the life of Flat Branch Creek
: Big Snapper Pond
6. Take Wilderness Ridge Resort to court over getting hit by that bus
. I purposefully, willfully abandoned this goal very early on. I decided to channel my energy into other things
; my picture project, playing footbag, riding my bike, and earning back the money that was stolen from my by providing low-cost database development services to a non-profit business. It was a dumb, crappy goal to begin with. I’m happy I abandoned it.
So… what’s on tap for 2014?
1. 75 hours of footbag
(again). But, I’m already so far behind after nearly the first 2 months of the year, I may never catch up. The weather has been horrible, and I’ve lost what little winter kicking space I’ve had. It’s been rough. But 75 hours is still my goal.
2. 4,200 Km on the bike. Upping my goal again from last year, even though my picture project drove a lot of my bike riding. I didn’t set this specific goal, but I rode my bike all but 4 days last year. This year, instead of riding the same trail every day, I’m hoping to train and do a sag-supported century (100Mi / 161Km) or two.
3. Try again to bring ReflectingYou.com online. Maybe without the picture project, I might be able to do it. Maybe.
4. Get a new job
. This was a really important goal for me, and the good news is, I’ve already got it in the bag!
That’s it. Those are my goals for 2014. Now, I’ve gotta get back to work.